I'm not complaining. Okay, I am just a little. That's beside the point.
One of the things that made me a little too happy this week was the fact that the magnolia trees bloomed. And it looked like a full-bloom, not a half-bloom like last year. If you don't know what I'm yammering about, lemme 'splain. I heard this folklore? many many moons ago. When the magnolia trees bloom (not bud, actual flowers n stuff), then it will get cold-cold one more time before spring is actually here. Now, I've observed this for several years now and it has proven, to me, to be creepy accurate. So when I see the magnolias blooming, it makes me a happy chick. I know that I'll be able to put my winter coat away shortly. Anyway, the trees bloomed on Monday or Tuesday (I've almost slept since then so I can't remember which) and it's supposed to get chill this weekend. Yup, I'm a believer.
In yarn news, I've finished Mom's cardiket bag. The cardiket is a sweater/cardigan that I made for her (from scratch, no pattern) earlier this year. Actually, here's a photo:

It took me nearly a month to make this. But I was fairly happy with the result, as was Mom. Anyway, I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she said a bag to go with it. I'm a day late on the bag. I hope she'll forgive me. It took me longer than I expected to get the thing sewn together. I didn't take a picture yet because I want to be sure that it works okay for her first. Here's a description: It's a simple flap bag about 9 inches long done in the same color as the trim and pockets of the cardiket. The flap top folds over the bag and has a snap fixture at the point to keep it closed. The strap is the main color of the sweater and attaches to the bag in a messenger bag style (one end on top, the other end on the side). I really hope that it fits her properly. I mean, I took measurements and all, but ya never know...
1 comment:
You should have seen them blooming in Kentucky.When we got down Friday late afternoon it was 76.When we left Sunday afternoon it was 41 windy an wet.
Post a Comment