Quote of the moment:

"Sometimes I really think people ought to have to pass a proper exam before they're allowed to be parents. Not just the practical, I mean."

Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Sinister Swap

Sounds odd, but there is a point. Over on Ravelry, one of the groups I'm in is doing a swap. (A swap is basically a care package exchange.) The group is for lefties, hence the 'sinister'. Needless to say, my swap partner (Demiguise) and I have mailed and received our packages. Here are a couple of pics of what I sent and what she sent:


This is what I sent to her. I might also mention that we had a spending limit of $30, not counting postage, and including something handmade. I made a little bag and a dishcloth. The little bag actually started out as three or four different things in three or four other colors and then my brain locked onto the bag/pouch.





This is what she sent me. I can't gush enough about all the goodies! We both decided to wrap up each thing individually and include a little note with each wrapping. My wickedly cool handmade item is the bag in the center. It's a lovely shade of teal, but my camera decided to make it look really dark for some reason.





I honestly couldn't say what was the most fun about swapping: making a new friend, choosing what to send, making it all nifty, anxiously waiting for it to arrive safely, or seeing what I get in return.

There are three other pairs working on their items as well, but Demiguise and I were the first to send ours out. Guess that's what happens when an Aries and Taurus get paired up *grins*

No comments: